palm leaf vaquero - indiana
we traveled deep into rural Michoacán, Mexico to find the makers of this beautiful vaquero (cowboy) hat. I went by word of mouth, door-by-door, asking for sombrero makers, and finally I found them: a sweet brother and sister duo who have been making hats for over 50 years!
our hats have been intricately handwoven by Simón and his sister Socorro who learned the craft from their parents, and have now taught it to the next generation. this hat is stylish, a great summer staple, and the perfect warm weather accessory. best of all with this purchase you're providing an income opportunity for our artisan partners in Mexico.
please note: we currently only have ONE SIZE (fits small/medium) available.
- materials: palm leaf, leather trim
- ONE SIZE fits small/medium
- approx. brim of hat 3.5", 14" total diameter
- available in honey brown or vanilla cream
- due to the handmade nature of this item, slight variations may occur